Facts about the rhinoceros, courtesy of the San Diego Zoo:
1) The word rhinoceros comes from the Greek word for nose ("rhino") and for horn ("ceros").
2) There are five types of rhino: black, white, greater one-horned, Sumatran and Javan.
3) All rhinos have poor vision but great hearing.
4) White rhinos are actually brown-gray, but might be called white because Dutch settlers in Africa called it the "wijde," or "wide," rhino.
Facts about the Rhinoceros Theater Festival, courtesy of rhinofest.com:
1) It is a curated multi-arts festival started 23 years ago by Curious Theatre Branch.
2) The 2012 installment runs between January 13-Feb 12 at the Prop Thtr.
3) 2012 show titles include "The American Drink Book," "Civil War Dad," "Samuel Beckett, Andre the Giant, and the Crickets" and "The Car That Brought You Here Still Runs."
4) Tickets cost $12 online or $15 (or what you can) at the door.
What rhinos have in common with Rhinofest, courtesy of the Chicago Fringe Festival:
Both are totally radical and likely to leave you muttering, "Whoa, amazing."