Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Meet Your Fringe Staff: Rachel Staelens


I am the Production Manager for Chicago Fringe which means that I will be scheduling techs, organizing technical staff and volunteers, helping to select space placement and solidifying show order for each group, locating equipment, and basically making sure that the technical and scheduling aspects of the Chicago Fringe run smoothly and efficiently. I have never been to or participated in a Fringe Festival before. I have a huge interest in festivals of every kind and have wanted to participate in a Fringe for a long time so, when I heard about Chicago Fringe, I had to get on board. I am originally from Peoria, IL and will have been a Chicago resident for 5 years officially during the week of Chicago Fringe (Sept. 1-5, 2010.) I decided to come to Chicago to finish my BFA upon graduating from Illinois Central College. What's exciting me most about Chicago Fringe is the opportunity to meet and organize such a large group of artists. Arts organization is such a challenging task and I'm really looking forward to testing my abilities and helping to produce what I think will be an amazing festival. Please feel free to shoot a line to volunteers(at)chicagofringe.org if you are interested in helping with the technical aspects of Fringe. We need everything from MEs to FOH Managers to Board Ops.

1 comment: