Monday, February 1, 2010

Meet Your Fringe Staff: ADRIENNE GULDIN


Adrienne Guldin is the International Recruiting Coordinator. This includes contacting and meeting people outside the US and talking about Fringe.
Thus far I've made contacts in England, Ireland, Belgium, Germany and New Zealand. My theatre background is pretty varied but mainly involved being on the technical side. I'm originally from Chicago and did a lot of freelance work within the city. I was on the board of directors of a small independent theatre company which dissolved in early 2009. And now I'm in London and doing lots of traveling and meeting with people.
In the past, I helped send a show to the New York and Minnesota Fringe Festivals and I attended the 2009 United States Association of Fringe Festivals Conference. Now, I'm excited to show my hometown off to the rest of the world and show the rest of the world off to my hometown.
Chicago Fringe Festival is different from other fringe festivals because CFF has set some really lofty goals in terms of spotlighting different neighborhoods and that can be a real challenge and a real benefit. I'm looking forward to learning more about the city I grew up in and the areas I didn't get to see. I hope that anyone in Chicago will know the Fringe Festival as well as they know the Taste.
If you are outside the US and would like to ask any questions or set up a meeting, please contact me at adrienne@chicagofringe.org or +44 779 5515 763.

No comments:

Post a Comment